With a programming philosophy to Do The Right Thing, we are looking for engineers with the pragmatism, experience, and wisdom to balance taking shortcuts with building out more scalable and extensible solutions. We are a small, highly collaborative team with a live product. If your target culture is one that encourages ownership, taking calculated risks, data-driven decision making and values evidence over ego, this may be the role for you.
On our team, you will build user-facing and API features for a growing collection of federal and state regulation data and insights. You will contribute to the full tech stack of a product that unifies multiple data sets as one easily accessible resource for users and developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Relational databases (Postgres a plus)
- Source code repositories: git/Bitbucket
- Agile software development best practices (code reviews, pull requests, unit tests)
- Team player with an internal drive to communicate, collaborate and ship code
- Proven problem solving skills, and the ability to learn new systems
Bonus points for:
- Fluency with at least one non-scripting language (java, C++, C#, etc)
- Demonstrated experience with NoSQL (document-oriented database a plus)
- Professional experience building custom dashboards using Redux, React Native
- Live SaaS product development
- DevOps (via AWS is fine)
- Continuous integration, automated testing
- NLP, computational linguistics experience
- Experience with search ranking, relevance and optimization (Solr/Lucene, Elastic)
Compliance.ai is led by technology veterans, with a mission to empower professionals with the smartest regulatory and compliance change management platform. The company benefits from a strong group of financial industry advisers and board members.
Designed to distill regulatory content into tangible intelligence, Compliance.ai is powered by dynamically adaptive machine learning models. Based in San Francisco, we offer the fastest, most comprehensive collection of curated, financial services focused regulatory information.