Compliance.ai Terms of Service
These terms and conditions apply to all users of Compliance.ai’s US websites and services.
Catachi, Co. dba Compliance.ai provides know-how, resources, and services through Compliance.ai and other related proprietary websites, databases, email communications and printed publications (collectively, the “Compliance.ai Services”).
A. License Grant
The Compliance.ai Services include all articles, notes, documents, updates, text, images, html, data, databases, email messages, advertisements, and other contents, resources, materials, know-how, and services produced, published, displayed, distributed or provided by Compliance.ai in, on, or through the Compliance.ai Services, and all software and other technology hosted or used by Compliance.ai to provide the Compliance.ai Services (collectively, the “Compliance.ai Materials”).
Most Compliance.ai Materials are made available to Users only as part of Compliance.ai Services that are offered on a paid subscription basis or through limited pre-subscription trials (“Subscription Services”), although some Compliance.ai Materials are available to all Users on a complimentary basis (“Introductory Services”), as further explained below.
B. Permitted Use of Introductory Services
All Users are permitted to use the Introductory Services, solely in connection with the User’s provision of their legal services to clients or within their own practice, business or educational activities, to:
- search, view, reproduce, download and store, in printed or electronic form, contents and materials from the Introductory Services solely for the User’s own use; and
- bookmark or link to any web page within the Introductory Services, provided that no Compliance.ai Materials are reproduced or displayed on the web outside of Compliance.ai’s original webframe.
- provide, transmit or distribute printed or electronic copies of any Compliance.ai Materials to any other person; or
- modify any such Compliance.ai Materials.
C. Permitted Use of Subscription Services
Authorized Users are permitted to use the applicable Subscribed Services, solely in connection with the Subscriber’s provision of its services to clients or within its own practice, business or educational activities, and in a manner that is not commercially prejudicial to Compliance.ai, as authorized under Subscriber’s Subscription Agreement, to:
- search, view, reproduce, download and store, in printed or electronic form, Compliance.ai Materials from the Subscribed Services;
- quote, customize and incorporate such Compliance.ai Materials, in whole or part, in documents, memoranda, articles and other work product prepared by Authorized Users on the Subscriber’s behalf in connection with client matters, business or educational activities or for the Subscriber’s internal use (“Subscriber Materials”); and
- provide, transmit or distribute such Compliance.ai Materials to others.
D. Permitted Use of Pre-Subscription Trial Services
Compliance.ai may offer limited pre-subscription trials (“Trial Offers”) for Compliance.ai to potential Subscribers and individual Users. Users who receive a Trial Offer (“Trial Users”) are authorized to use one or more of the Compliance.ai Subscription Services (“Trial Services”) for a limited period of time (“Trial Period”), all as determined by Compliance.ai in its sole discretion.
Trial Users are permitted to search and view the applicable Trial Services during the Trial Period solely for the purpose of evaluating whether to subscribe to the Subscription Services. In consideration of a Trial Offer, Trial Users shall provide feedback to Compliance.ai concerning the Trial Services, upon Compliance.ai’s reasonable request during or after the Trial Period.
E. License Restrictions
F. Access Restrictions
Users (including Trial Users and Authorized Users) shall not access or attempt to access any Compliance.ai Materials other than through Introductory Services, or Trial Services or Subscribed Services for which they are authorized, or otherwise circumvent or attempt to circumvent any access restrictions or controls through hacking or other means. Trial Users and Authorized Users shall not disclose their assigned user name or password to anyone.
G. Proprietary Rights
Compliance.ai and its affiliates own and use certain registered and unregistered service marks, trademarks, slogans, logos, symbols, graphics, and distinctive trade dress in connection with the Compliance.ai Services (the “Compliance.ai Marks”).
H. Prohibited Activities
- interfere with any other User’s access, use or enjoyment of the Compliance.ai Services;
- use the Compliance.ai Services or Compliance.ai Materials in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable law, regulation or rule of any jurisdiction, governmental agency or securities exchange;
- use any Compliance.ai Services to store, distribute or transmit any material without authority or right to do so or violation of any contractual or fiduciary duty, or that is otherwise unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, harassing, disparaging of any person or group on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender or sexual orientation;
- access or use any content, materials or services not intentionally published or otherwise made available by Compliance.ai;
- reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise seek to discover the source code form of any Compliance.ai software or other technology, except as may be allowed by applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties;
- introduce any virus or other potentially harmful or malicious software code or device into, or initiate any denial service attack against, the Compliance.ai Services or Compliance.ai Materials, or use the Compliance.ai Services any manner that might destroy, damage or degrade performance of any data communications facility, network, server, system, component, software or data used to deliver the Compliance.ai Services;
- use, reproduce, download or transmit any Compliance.ai Services or Compliance.ai Materials for the purpose of providing any publishing or hosting services to third parties (whether or not for a fee), or otherwise exploit any
- Compliance.ai Services or Compliance.ai Materials to Compliance.ai’s commercial disadvantage, other than with Compliance.ai’s prior written consent;
- use Compliance.ai’s websites or the Compliance.ai Services, or email addresses or other contact information, including, but not limited to, those of Compliance.ai’s employees, contributors, or subscribers, gathered through the Compliance.ai websites or the Compliance.ai Services, in any way to distribute any advertising, solicitations other commercial messages;
- use any network software, device or manual process to monitor, download or copy Compliance.ai’s websites, the Compliance.ai Services or Compliance.ai Materials, to extract information concerning usage or individual Users to collect email addresses for any purpose; or
By submitting a question to Compliance.ai’s “What Are You Working On” feature, you agree that your question (together with any follow up correspondence on the question) may be published on the Compliance.ai website. Your question will be published anonymously. Your question may be edited before publication.
J. No Legal Services
K. Third-Party Materials
Compliance.ai’s websites may contain sponsored services and advertising, as well as links to third-party websites and services, including government information services and other publicly available websites (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). Users acknowledge that the Third-Party Materials are not part of the Compliance.ai Services for purposes of this Agreement, and that Compliance.ai shall have no responsibility or liability for the content or legality of any Third-Party Materials or for the practices of the respective third-party sponsors, advertisers and publishers.
L. Warranty Disclaimers and Exclusion of Liability
M. Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue
N. Amendment and Waiver; Severability