Since 2008, the volume and complexity of Banking and Finance regulations have increased dramatically. Banks and FinTech companies can be overwhelmed with the task of compliance in the face of shifting regulations. Compliance.ai technology streamlines the regulatory intelligence needed to help keep companies safe and focused.
We are a team of engineers, data scientists, product leaders, and designers passionate about AI and RegTech.
We are hiring a Product Owner, a role with high impact and visibility across every team and all products at Compliance.ai.
You’ll work closely with the Director of Product Strategy to turn product vision into clear and specific tasks for front-end and back-end engineers. You will plan and manage sprints for three products: 1) user-facing software for both web and app, 2) administrative tools used by internal teams, 3) API for external developers. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are completed on-time and within scope.
- Translate product vision and strategy into clear and specific sprint tasks.
- Plan and manage sprints for teams of front-end and back-end engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Create feature specifications, instructions, or basic wire-frames as needed.
- Facilitate “working group” meetings with data science team to make progress on experimental machine learning projects.
- Project manage data acquisition (website crawling and ingest) and data quality control. You’ll work closely with both internal team and offshore teams of developers to do this.
- Be the first point of contact for questions on sprint deliverables, priorities, timelines, etc. from scrum teams and company leadership.
- 3+ years of experience as project manager or product owner in scrum/agile environment.
- Experience collaborating successfully with cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Extremely well-organized. You love spreadsheets, documenting meeting details, and project management tools like Jira.
- Great communicator. You are able to clearly communicate different messages to different team members about the projects at any given time.
- Humble. As an early-stage startup with a team of 20, we all pitch in where needed.
- Excited to work at an early stage startup and learn new things.
- Experience or interest in financial services sector.
- Experience or interest in machine learning.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience owning both front-end and back-end products.
- Experience managing projects with remote teams.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + benefits
- A motivated team that breaks for ping pong, group lunches, and onsite massages.
- Excellent location in San Francisco’s Financial District, a few blocks from BART