With a programming philosophy to Do The Right Thing, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable with data and eager to learn on the job. We are a small, highly collaborative team with a live product. If your target culture is one that encourages ownership, taking calculated risks, data-driven decision making and values evidence over ego, this may be the role for you.
On our team, we start with unstructured data from a myriad of regulatory data from federal and state sources. We process this data, analyzing it and providing insights about it. We then direct these insights and analyses into a normalized form that is consumed by our user-facing application.
- Living in the San Francisco Bay area (within 50 miles of San Francisco, CA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Data Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Comfortable with scripting languages, especially in Python (at least 1 year of experience)
- Basic industry knowledge of common frameworks, data structures and algorithms:
- Knowledge of best practices for working with OOP and ORMs
- Knowledge of data storage and retrieval conventions, SQL (postgres) and NoSQL, search (elasticsearch)
- Bonus points for:
- Working experience with NLP
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem and Heroku platform
- Experience with web crawling and scraping
- Experience with data cleaning
- Team player with an internal drive to communicate, collaborate and ship code
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development best practices (code reviews, pull requests, unit tests, agile methodologies, etc)
Compliance.ai is led by technology veterans, with a mission to empower professionals with the smartest regulatory and compliance change management platform. The company benefits from a strong group of financial industry advisers and board members.
Designed to distill regulatory content into tangible intelligence, Compliance.ai is powered by dynamically adaptive machine learning models. Based in San Francisco, we offer the fastest, most comprehensive collection of curated, financial services focused regulatory information.